In the spirit of my 'Death by pedestal fan' video, I am considering making a public service announcement video about the importance of carrying steam irons.
In my recent experience with filmmaking I have found myself making movies that have ended up too complex to be coherent, so I will make this film straight-forward and to the point- I will let the cinematography and performance do the talking.
THE SCENARIO
University students walking home, laughing and chatting. They go their own ways, and the camera follows one person in particular, until they find themselves in a horrifying situation.
There is a pedestal fan standing on the path ahead, staring. Staring menacingly.
The protagonist is flooded with fear, and turns back the other way only to find there is an even bigger fan in the direction the protagonist just came from. He is cornered. He reaches for his backpack and pulls out a steam iron. He is now safe from the fans. The fans cannot harm him in any way for now.
ALWAYS CARRY A STEAM IRON.
SCENARIO #2
The steam iron does not have its effect. The fans are still there, beaming threateningly on the protagonist. He reaches into his backpack for a second steam iron. He is safe once again. For now.
ALWAYS CARRY TWO STEAM IRONS. ONE WILL NO LONGER SUFFICE.
I aim to rely on the visual to tell the story; I am setting myself the challenge that no dialogue be used. Long shots will be juxtaposed with close ups, and will have similar framing and editing to the stand-offs in many of Sergio Leone's films.
The music will be a mix of the general ambience of the area, which I will mix and design through Audacity or Garageband, as well as a synth score developed in Garageband. An eerie, gloomy pad would complement the vision well.
No comments:
Post a Comment