I have finished production and editing of the film. I mostly stuck to my original vision; the location, sequence of events and editing technique are the same as how I had planned.
An interesting thing that occurred was that my very talented lead actor, Markos, is also a budding filmmaker and hence has an eye for what might work in a film. He gave suggestions in terms of extra shots and movements, and he brought a whole new dynamic into the role.
The editing process was an equally enjoyable one, and I used iMovie which enabled me to make great use of continuity. Then came the soundtrack. I knew that I had to adhere to copyright laws and am well aware of creative commons media, however I thought it would be extra enjoyable to get creative with the soundtrack.
Since the conception of the film I had intended on making my own soundtrack, and I learned a new tool on Garageband while making the soundtrack for this film. It enables me to watch the film play through and I can play the music onto an audio track and sync it all together. I then used the laptop microphone for a few voiceovers to give it an extra weird touch.
Overall, I am thoroughly satisfied with the finished film, and really enjoyed being able to tell a story that is rarely told...that of the affairs of pedestal fans and steam irons. All the content in the film is mine and the story, soundtrack and characters are 100% original.
No comments:
Post a Comment