I have been communicating ideas through social media for many years, however up until now I have never actually used a blogging site, and I am finding the experience a very interesting and expressive one. I've video blogged before; that's a lot of fun. What follows is a video I made, which incorporates elements of the vlog and the how-to instructional video.
Privacy is a very moot issue in terms of Facebook and Google..for me Facebook seems to be the most concerning aspect to the invasion of privacy. That companies are tapping into our displayed interests, and advertising things to us that often sound appealing, feels very exploitative to me. I am, however, accepting of this, as the site is free to use and I guess their exploitation of our interests is the cost.
There are many people I know over the internet yet have never met in person, or initially did not know in person. I find it to be a very distanced relationship. Personally, I felt as though we couldn't reach a deep enough level of friendships through merely talking via the internet. In this sense, knowing people through the internet is much different from knowing people in person. I hope the rise of the technological age is not detrimental to the interpersonal skills in our population.
On the whole, I am glad that I have interacted with social media. It has helped me express myself and communicate ideas and interests to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment